« Rio Medical Mission - Day 2 | Main | Rio Medical Mission Day 3 »

August 01, 2004

All is Well with My Soul

Where do I begin? Words can not possibly express how I feel right now. My cup truly is running over with joy of our trip to Rio!
Our team arrived home safely around 12:30 on Sunday after a little scare in Houston about some planes being grounded on account of terriost attacks. We prayed... and God answered!
What an amazing trip we had!!! We were able to complete the construction of the church building in Rio das Pedras. It is estimated that 6,000 brick were laid, two coats of sealer applied were after cleaning each brick, morter was put between each row and each brick, and then finally another coat of sealer was painted on for the finished product. That in itself was very time consuming. Six windows and a door were hand painted and installed after all the proper measurements were made. Electrical work was done and clean up was massive. No wonder we were tired. Ha! On Thursday night, we all stopped and watched as the capstone (final brick) was installed. What a celebration we had...
Many of us had the wonderful opporunity to take time and go into the community and share Christ with those nearby. People are already seeing Jesus and accepting Him as their Lord and Savior! How much more excited can it get?
On Friday, after a tedious day of final work, we had the celebration service with a full house and the new pastor. It was extremely emotional and tears flowed freely. What a blessing to be a part of such a God filled week! I personally feel honored and humbled to be a part of such an experience.
The team came to the conculsion at the final devotion and share time in the Houston airport that our work is just beginning. Our mission trip has just started. Now we must bring the love and saving grace of Jesus to those around us--our neighbors, our coworkers, and anyone else we come in contact with. Our mission field for just a few precious days was in Rio das Pedras. Now our mission field is here at home.
Each team member wants you to know how much we appreciated your prayers. They were felt in many, many ways.
Again, it is hard to express with words, but I will close in saying "All is Well with My Soul!" "Praise God from Whom all Blessings Flow!"
Linda

Posted by at August 1, 2004 08:55 PM