« Tuesday Night Orientation | Main | Sharon Fairchild?s Mom »

May 20, 2004

Wednesday - Two Schools, Planting Seeds

Adam Mark in classroomSmall groups of the team made the rounds to individual classrooms in two different schools today. Children were excited to see the team, were amazed at their height, and full of questions about basketball and life in the USA. Questions such as, "What size are your shoes?", "Have you met the Shaq?", "Do you play in the Olympics?" and "May I have your autograph?" were commonly asked. The children heard personal testimonies from the team and listened attentively...all in all, a lot of seeds were planted today.

Angel Jones with studentsTime with students was an important part of the day. Working with interpreters, the team members are able to engage these young people on several different levels. Sometimes just sitting with a class while someone else spoke presented opportunities for personal interaction...those opportunities were not missed.

Andrew Preston - MacarenaThe height of the team draws particular interest when we travel to schools (or anywhere in public). There is something about a tall man doing a Macarena-like basketball drill that is SOME sight to see!

Posted by Paul Chenoweth at May 20, 2004 05:20 AM

Comments

It looks like you guys are being presented with some amazing opportunities. All the children look like they hang on every word that you say. I am thinking and praying about all of you. Enjoy this opportunity and Have fun!!!!

Kacy Chenoweth VanAtta

Posted by: Kacy Van Atta at May 20, 2004 09:12 AM

I have really enjoyed the daily updates of the mission's activities. I am praying for the Browns, and Sharon’s mother. I am also praying for your safety and the work there in Rio.

God Bless
Martin Patton

Posted by: Martin V. Patton at May 20, 2004 11:32 AM