« A Journey of Prayer...Remember the Brown's | Main | Tuesday Night Orientation »

May 18, 2004

Rio, at Last!

Brazilan CustomsFollowing a long overnight flight from Houston to Sao Paulo with a short hop to Rio, the team arrived safely, although blurry eyed. Andrew Preston (at 6?10") tried sleeping in an airline seat with his chin resting on his knees...but managed to unfold his tall frame in order to make it through Brazilian Customs.

Sharon & BettySharon Fairchild, the IMB missionary in residence here in Rio, has been mentioned in several posts on The Rio Journal. Sharons smiling face was there to great the team...and we were all relieved to see her.

Bus Trip in RioThe bus trip to the hotel on Copacabana was a rapidfire view of the city with all of its contrasts. As you can see, the team is intact and is in great spirits, awaiting orientation tonight with the Fairchild?s.

P.S. You should see Internet Explorer in Portuguese...this IS going to be a challenge.

Posted by Paul Chenoweth at May 18, 2004 12:07 PM

Comments

I am glad that you all made it there after the long flight. I am thinking about all of you and look forward to reading more updates.

Posted by: Kacy Van Atta at May 18, 2004 01:51 PM

The updates are MOST exciting!!! I'm hooked, and have checked three times already today. It provides specific ways in which to pray for you and your Mission Team, as your journey changes and progresses.
P.S. Just pretend that the Portuguese Computer Screen is charasmatic!!!

Posted by: Bob Crawford at May 18, 2004 02:01 PM

God is so good in answering our prayers that you all arrived safe and sound. I too, will pray for Mrs. Brown in a special way. Am also looking forward to more stories of God's working through you all. This is a great venue for us to follow along!

Posted by: Sandra Allen at May 19, 2004 12:03 PM