Heading Home…

The devotional book was a blessing for us all and we hope to apply not only in our mission as physical and occupational therapists, but in every moment of our daily lives. Yesterday morning we realized our time here was unfortunately coming to an end, and we wanted to make the most of it on our last day with both the children and the therapists. There was a surprise celebration for Emily’s birthday in which the therapists shared their own tradition of what a birthday celebration was like in Guatemala (minus the pinata). Our final moments spent with the children and therapists reminded us to be grateful for the things that God has already and will bless us with. We will always remember the memories and the relationships developed throughout the week with the therapists, children, and our team.
We had the opportunity to spend our last afternoon in the historical city of Antigua. We visited the ruins of the beautiful monastery and roamed the streets of the Artisans market. Many of us realized we are not too savvy with our bargaining skills; however it was a good learning experience.
The whole trip was a success and all of us are hoping to come back and continue to strengthen our relationship with the people of Guatemala. Thanks for all of your support and prayers. We will see you soon! Hasta Luego!

2 thoughts on “Heading Home…

1. Welcome Home! I enjoyed reading your journal and seeing the photos. I am confident this experience will always be a special memory in your lives. And, I know God has blessed you beyond all measure. Thanks for representing Belmont and living out our mission to impact the world.
    Betty Wiseman

2. Finally I was able to take some time to write, hope it’s not too late. I just want to thank you for all your hard work and love for the children of Guatemala as well as for the Hospital Staff and the kids in the school. God bless!!

Comments are closed.