Day 1…A Full Days Work

group_guat_sm.jpg

Last night we had a traditional Guatemalan meal inside a ginormous hut. After a good nights sleep we headed out for our first full day of work. Half the group began work at the rehab hospital and observed and participated in the treatment of 9 kids. They worked with sensory stimulation and developmental activities.

The other half of the team went to the Shalom School. We attended chapel time for the school and participated in the singing and devotional. We did a presentation to about 40 students who will be graduating soon regarding the profession of physical therapy. We had the students interact with our demonstrations. We were able to deliver nap mats, books, school supplies, and toys to the school.

We returned to the hospital for lunch and spent the rest of the afternoon presenting and discussing clinical cases with the staff of the hospital. We delivered the donated sewing machine and they were very excited about doubling their potential to make braces and splints for the kids.

Thank you for your continued support and prayers. Feel free to send us comments (use the comments link below).

Click photos to view larger size.

guat_mat_sm.jpg
guat_ball_sm.jpg
Small Child Child in Arms guat_bands_sm.jpg

6 thoughts on “Day 1…A Full Days Work

1. Looking good Belmont. South Mississippi is praying for your success and safe return.

2. Keep it up ya’ll. Me being a Lipscomb student, I am very impressed with what ya’ll are doin. God bless and be safe!

3. I love to see the photos of you all!!! Have a safe, productive and fun trip!!

4. The Destin Crew is thinking about ya’ll! Looks like you’re having fun!
    Love ya!
    Liz, Daniel, BTays, Emily, Bish, Suzette, Bekah, Beth, Kelli, Jena, and Anson

5. hello to all…..spring break is very quiet without you. it appears that all is well with you and that you are being blessed with the visit to Guatemala……blessings, Lucy

Comments are closed.