Belmont University

Thankful and Humble

WesThankful and Humble. These two words describe my involvement on this year’s mission trip and I have used these concepts in our small team meetings as we have prepared for next week’s trip.

I am both thankful and humbled that Betty Wiseman asked me to go on this year’s trip as a leader. I remember the experiences I had on these trips as a student athlete myself and I am looking forward to working with our student athletes and watching them interact with children, teach the fundamentals of basketball to crowds large and small and share their faith.

I have told our team that God could have chosen anybody to go on this trip and for some reason, God has chosen the 14 of us. He has something in store for us, some divine appointments, and while we may be a blessing to others while in Naples, I can assure you we will walk away blessed.

- Wes

|

Post a comment

(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)