Belmont University

Make Yourself Available

CacyWOW, what a great day we had in Naples today! We started off eating breakfast in one of the many breakfast bars. I had a chocolate croissant and fresh squeezed orange juice it was amazing! We spent the majority of our day in the schools and played and shared with 3rd and 4th graders. The kids are very energetic. It is through them in which we get our energy.

Each and every person who spoke today did a great job and the kids were very receptive. I would have to say though the highlight of my day was in the afternoon when we went to the parks. Each day when we go to the parks we break up into two groups and go to the two different parks that are near each other.

CarlosYesterday (wed) at one of the parks I met this little boy and his dad, Carlos. They were both very nice and friendly. While I was playing with the little boy, his dad, Carlos, asked me why we were here. I told him and he automatically
seemed interested. Through a translator I was able to share my testimony. Carlos said he prays to Jesus a lot and loves learning more about him and listening to people talk about him. He truly was a lovely man and there was just something special about him.

This afternoon I went to the other park I had not been at yet. After about 2 hours I decided to go to the park I was at Wednesday just to see if Carlos and his son had come back. As I was walking to the other park, I ran into Carlos and his son. They were walking to the park I was just at. It was amazing how the Lord allowed us to meet! With our very helpful translators I was able to start small talk with Carlos. Shortly, into the conversation Carlos, the translator and I were once again talking about Jesus Christ. He said this morning his little girl had to go to the hospital because she busted her head at school. He said he prayed to Jesus and his little girl ended up being fine. He told me he talks to Jesus all the time and has a bible. I was so glad Carlos knew of Jesus and prayed to him and talked to him daily. However, there was still something missing.

Carlos PrayerI just was not quit not sure what to say. And in God's working, BW came up right at that time and started talking to Carlos with the translator and I. It was amazing to listen to BW talk to Carlos. She asked Carlos if he died today did he think he was going to heaven? And he said, "I don't know, that's a good question." Then she went on talking to him and within 10 to 15 min Carlos accepted Christ into his heart for the first time. It was such an amazing experience to witness and be part of. After Carlos accepted Christ into his heart our translator that goes to church in Naples invited him to church with her. I am so happy for Carlos and I think him as a father and leader in his family could impact his 3 children and wife. It was amazing how the Lord set everything up today. The biggest lesson I have learned is how when you make yourself available, God will open doors to things you may never have expected. I am just happy to be a small part of God's great plan.

Every night I am excited to see what the next day will bring.
- Cacy

|

Comments

Love you Cacy. God's spirit is with this Belmont Spiritual team no doubt. Thank you for the work you are doing. Thanks so much to you BW for allowing these students experiences that will imprint their lives forever!!

Cacy- Such a blessing to read this journal update this morning that your mom shared w/ us. How awesome to see God using you as His hands, feet, and speaking His word through you. You're reaching others in more ways than you can imagine---So proud of you!

Cacy- I am so proud to call you my sister, you are truly a special person! I am so happy the Lord is able to use YOU to reach out people all the way across the world! It must feel amazing to know you had a part in someone accepting Christ into their heart! Be safe, I love you lots!!! PS-eat one of those chocolate croissants for me :)

Cacy, I sure enjoyed reading your journal your Mom shared with us. You are doing great work and it is a real blessing for the people there and building great memories for you.. Keep it up!!

Post a comment

(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)