Essential Broadcast Media (EB Media PR), a full-service, entertainment public relations firm hosts internships for fall, spring and summer semesters to assist in several aspects of the company’s functions. The company website can be viewed at: www.ebmediapr.com.
Interns who work at EB Media PR will learn and utilize skills including, but not limited to: attention to detail, journalistic writing, working in a fast-paced environment and interpersonal communication skills.
Candidates should be pursuing a degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Mass Communication or Journalism and should have strong verbal and written communication skills.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Office administrative tasks including answering phones, mailing and running off-site errands
- Editing press releases and other forms of journalistic and persuasive writing
- Screening phone calls
- Assisting with mailings
- Creating interview preparation materials including ID sheets and talking points
- Compiling contact lists using Cision / Critical Mention, or other similar programs
- Searching for campaign coverage and creating press clippings for such coverage
- Maintaining the clarity and accuracy of client DropBox folders – and updating new assets
- Being proactive and helping plan and / or staff company events and functions
- Creating or updating press invite lists and any other databases that need refreshing
- Setting up for client meetings and visits and maintaining a professional and inviting office atmosphere
- Greeting guests and clients warmly and professionally
This internship is a fantastic opportunity for student(s) to gain firsthand experience in a boutique PR firm representing music and other entertainment clients – at the top of their field. An internship with EB Media PR immerses our interns in the day to day functions of the Public Relations field (and by association the worlds of talent management, record labels, and the like).
For consideration please email your resume and three references – along with dates, days of the week and hours of availability to: email@example.com