Monthly Archives: July 2014

Internship rut?…

Dear Tish, I LOVE where I intern but it seems that I’m stuck in a rut with my tasks and don’t see any advancement. Should I stick with it in hopes of possible advancement,  or look for something else where I can continue to develop my professional skills?  What could I do to address this issue and how do you suggest I stay motivated? This … Continue reading Internship rut?… »

Applications Due Wednesday | Battle of the Belmont Bands

Calling all Belmont artists and bands…  We are now taking applications for our annual outdoor Battle of the Belmont Bands show!  To apply: 1) Log In to MyBelmont 2) Click here to read the requirements and fill out the application. Applications have been EXTENDED and are due by July 30th, 2014 (Wednesday) before 11:00pm and the event will be held on Friday, August 22nd 2014 on the South Lawn.  Get … Continue reading Applications Due Wednesday | Battle of the Belmont Bands »

Find your professional brand

After attending a luncheon this week with one of Nashville’s biggest artist management firms, I started thinking about how important it is for our students/alumni to craft their professional brand.  If you want to work in the entertainment industry, you are constantly thinking about others’ brands and how to best market the brand to a wide audience.  But what about you? – the artist manager … Continue reading Find your professional brand »

Warped Tour Volunteers Needed ASAP

WARPED TOUR VOLUNTEERS NEEDED ASAP.   Please contact Berkley Myers at bmyers@apanashville.com for information regarding catering, eco, Feed Our Children NOW, or Local production volunteer spots beginning Tuesday, July 29th.

YEP July Mixer is next week, Tuesday the 29th!

South on Demonbreun St. – Tuesday (July 29th) at 6pm! Meaningful connections lead to jobs. Pretty sure you know that, but I feel like I need to reiterate it sometimes.

Job Application Follow-Up: How Much Is Too Much?

When going through the job search process, it can become tempting to want to follow up with a company after applying for a job with them, especially if it’s been a couple weeks and you have yet to hear from them. But when does following up become overkill? In the entertainment and music industry’s current job market, any amount of follow-up could be considered overkill. … Continue reading Job Application Follow-Up: How Much Is Too Much? »

Label is seeking talented male singers for a new country/pop music group

Nashville-based record label is seeking talented male singers for a new country/pop music group. Must be male, ages 17-22, with ability to sing and harmonize. Proficiency in playing additional instruments is preferred. Please send mp3 or video demos with head shot to: gabe@destinynashville.com www.destinynashville.com

Battle of the Belmont Bands Applications are OPEN!

Calling all Belmont artists and bands…  We are now taking applications for our annual outdoor Battle of the Belmont Bands show!  To apply: 1) Log In to MyBelmont 2) Click here to read the requirements and fill out the application. Applications are due by July 28th, 2014 before 12:00pm and the event will be held on Friday, August 22nd 2014 on the South Lawn.  Get ready for … Continue reading Battle of the Belmont Bands Applications are OPEN! »

Recording and Mixing project?

Sanders Media Group out of Colorado Springs will be in Nashville from Monday, July 14 through Wednesday, July 16.  They will be filming the Professional Bail Agent Mid-Year Conference at the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center and following around one of the leading Bail Bonds agents in the country as part of a documentary about his life. We are looking for one to two … Continue reading Recording and Mixing project? »