Season of overwhelmed

It is completely normal to be overwhelmed this time of year – you have finals, people asking you what you want to do with your life, figuring out housing for the summer, pressure (from me) to network, your parents telling you to get a paid job, and all the while you are attempting to enjoy spring and your last two weeks on campus.

So in the spirit of Easter, we should all stop and put everything into perspective.  Take a breather and prioritize. You can in fact get all of this done if you plan out your day well.

Example:

8-9:30am – Enjoy an amazing cup of coffee at Crema with your internship supervisor from circa 2013.  (networking and life decisions – check!)

10am – 12pm – STUDY (finals – check!)

12-1:30pm – Grab a Chic-fil-a nugget pack on the go and meet with a realtor to find a rental house to share with your 4 friends. (housing –check!)

2-5pm – STUDY (finals – check!)

5-6pm – Email 5 new contacts and set up coffee and lunch meetings for the next week. (job search and networking – check!)

6-6:15pm– Call your parents and tell them you are attending the Ryman and Opry Job Fair next week to find a paid position for the summer while you look for something permanent and spend time networking. (parents/paid job – check!)

6:30-7:30pm – Dinner with friends on a lovely patio. (social – check!)

8pm – Go see live music with friends and meet new people. (job search, networking, and social – CHECK!)

11pm – Bed.  Because my mom always told me “nothing good happens after midnight.”  (life lesson – check!)

Yes – you will accomplish all of it when faced with someone moving your stuff out of your house for you or when your teacher hands out your very last Scantron.  Everything will get done and this time will pass.  You will have done your best and that is all you can do.  Enjoy every second and appreciate the adventure.

And as always – your Curb College staff is here to support you!  Let us know if you need anything.

Happy Easter!

small wink