Hi Curb College students!!!
There are numerous companies still looking for their fall 2015 intern. Do an advanced search in CareerConnector, choose Curb College as the Job Code, and in the Company Name section you can type in any of the below companies and see their specific opportunities. The companies are:
Out-Write Music Publishing, DreamWorks Animation, CTK Management, Little Extra Music, Kyle Stallons Music, Warner Music Nashville/Word Entertainment, Cotton Mill Live, Loop, CDX Nashville, Andrew Jackson's The Hermitage, Ryman hospitality Properties, BMG Chrysalis, and Thirty Tigers.
Check these opportunities out and reach out to them if interested!!!!
Apply for YEP's Mentorship Program! Link below:
Hey Curb College students....
Starstruck Studios is still in need of several interns for the Fall 2015 semester.
Please check out their opportunity on CareerConnector.
Contact Grace Wegener at email@example.com if you are interested!!
Metro Nashville Arts Commission: Call to Nashville Area Songwriters, Composers, Poets, Creative Writers and Sound Artists
Supported by the Bonnaroo Works Fund of the Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee
The Metro Nashville Arts Commission (Metro Arts) seeks to commission writers, poets, authors, songwriters, musicians or sound artists to compose a new and original work inspired by a public artwork in the Metro Arts Collection or Art in Public Places database. Selected artists will receive a $1,000 honorarium to create, perform and deliver their work in a digital format to Metro Arts. The new works will be debuted and artists will be asked to be available for a live performance in October 2015, during Artober Nashville-a month long celebration of arts and culture in Nashville. The final works will also be featured on ExploreNashvilleArt.com- a comprehensive online guide to the visuals arts in Nashville. To view the Metro Nashville Arts Commission Public Art Collection or the Art in Public Places database visit www.ExploreNashvilleArt.com
This project is open to writers, poets, authors, songwriters, musicians or sound artists who can demonstrate at least two years of exhibition, performance or professional history. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and currently residing within the Greater Nashville/Davidson County area.
Wednesday, July 1st - Call to Artists is released
Wednesday, July 29th 8:00 a.m. CST– Deadline for application submittal
Monday, August 3rd – Selected artist notification
August/September - Work Created
Friday, September 18- Delivery of commissioned works to Metro Arts
October- Live “Artober” performances
How to Apply
All applications should be submitted via this web link and include the following information and attachments:
- Statement of Interest (no more than 1000 characters) –Briefly addressing what you wouldcreate (poem, short story, song, or musical composition etc.) and which public artwork it wouldbe inspired by. The statement should include a personal bio/artist statement.
- 3-5 examples of previous works (PDF, JPEG, MP3, MOV files are all acceptable file formats)
- Current artist resume, not to exceed two pages, including name, address, phone number, e-mail address and website. Resume must demonstrate two years of exhibition, performance orprofessional experience within the applicant’s creative practice of choice.
**Application Deadline is Wednesday, July 29th 8:00 a.m. (CST)**
Questions? Please Contact Van.Maravalli@Nashville.gov
For more info, click here
WHO KNEW: A Night With Music Industry Leaders and You
3rd and Lindsley: 818 3rd Avenue South | Nashville, TN 37210
Don't miss out on the next WHO KNEW Nashville meetup returning Wednesday, July 22 at 3rd & Lindsley! LIVE entertainment by Native Run will follow the speakers, which include these successful music industry executives:
* Gavin Ivester - CEO of FLO | THINKERY - Gavin designed Apple's first PowerBook, fixed Nike's product branding, led PUMA footwear on a 400% growth spree, and once sold a bar out of beer playing originals with his band, the Toxic Sloths. He was born in Silicon Valley, lived in Portland, OR and Boston, and found his home in Nashville 7 years ago. As CEO of FLO | THINKERY, he obsesses about the big picture, the future, and how the two relate to real-world consumer experiences. He can also drive a mean forklift.
* David Macias - One of the Nashville music scene's most dynamic and eclectic thinkers, Macias is the founder of marketing and distribution outfit Thirty Tigers which helps artists get the work to market while maintaining ownership. Their roster includes Jason Isbell, The Avett Brothers, Chase Rice and The Eli Young Band.
* Scott Hendricks - Hendricks is currently Senior VP of Warner Music Nashville and is one of the music industry’s most prolific and successful producers and A&R execs. He has produced a staggering 96 Top 10 hits, with 58 of those hits going all the way to No. 1. Hendricks’ producing efforts have been instrumental in Blake Shelton’s ascent from mid-level act to bona fide star with 15 No. 1 singles (14 of which are in a row with the 15th currently inside the Top 5).
* Kevin Grosch - Grosch is the founder of Made In Network, an innovative YouTube channel giving fans a unique window into music as it's being made. The Made In Network’s original shows include 24HR Record, Find the Beauty, Festival Junkies, and Small Batch Presents, and the channel has partnered with music industry community members including Ben Folds, The Blackbird Academy, and Nashville Scene.
* Tom Zutaut - With one of the best-ever ears for talent, including Guns N’ Roses, Mötley Crüe, and Tesla, Zutaut boasts a storied A&R career the likes of which the music industry has seldom seen in the last 30+ years. If there was no Tom Zutaut, there’s a high probability you would have never heard of Guns N’ Roses
* Rachel Beauregard and Bryan Dawley – Creative geniuses and country duo Native Run will speak about their own experiences of moving to Nashville, getting signed to a major label and all the interesting things that happen to artists once they achieve that level of success. They will also perform a full set of their music following the speaking portion of the evening.
* Bailey Spaulding - With a Biological Anthropology degree from Harvard and a law degree from Vanderbilt under her belt, co-founder and CEO of Nashville’s Jackalope Brewing Company, Bailey Spaulding, decided to take a risk and follow her passion. Her passion for home brewing and great beer lead her to create one of Nashville’s most popular breweries and taprooms.
Previous sold-out WHO KNEW events presented executives from Creative Artists Agency (CAA), Spotify and Warner/Chappell Production Music. Click here to watch a preview of WHO KNEW from the May 13 event.
OUTCRY Rehearsing in Nashville the 21st-23rd
Show day - July 30th
Camera Operators Volunteers Needed
(1) FOH Camera Operator
(2) HH Camera Operator
(1) Grip (On-Stage)
* Camera Operators must Arrival at 4:30 PM Each Day
- TOUR will provide entry into show each night.
- Please dress in show blacks.
- Must be 18 or older.
If you have any questions for camera operators, please contact Kristy Denton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OUTCRY Rehearsing in Nashville the 21st-23rd
We will need some runners with larger cars like an SUV. These would really just be “on call” type of things.
Show day - July 30th
1) We will need 5 “All Day” vols. All Day" vols will need to plan to arrive at 8am & plan to stay until tear down is complete, possibly around Midnight. Of course you will be able to have several breaks and down time during the day.
2) Parking is extremely limited so plan to park further out or “carpool”. We will have one space for the production runner reserved.
Below is the breakdown for our vols needed for Show Day.
1) 5 “All Day” Vol Spots - Please let me know ASAP if this is for you!
(4) Volunteers will be helping with dressing room/merch set up, communion prep Etc..
(1) Production runner- MUST have a van or large SUV. This runner will also act as a production office assistant
2) If you are not able to volunteer for an “All Day” Spot, but still want to help. Students must choose one of the Shifts Below. Miscellaneous assignments will be assigned as needed and based on availability for the day.
Morning Shift 8am - 12pm
Afternoon Shift 1pm - 6pm
Evening Shift 6pm - 12am
If you are interested, please contact Kristy Denton @ email@example.com.
Tuesday, July 21st from 6:30-8:30pm at CMA.
Located in the atrium of the CMA, the SOLID Intern Mixer is back but this time we're teaming up with CMA EDU to make it bigger and better!
Join SOLID members, alumni and their interns for some light snacks and networking. Drop in and connect to find your next intern or maybe your next employee!
This event is open to any student or intern interested in working in the music industry. Light appetizers provided by Maggiano's.
For more info: