Belmont University | News & Media | March Madness 2006

March 17, 2006

Media Coverage

Belmont ripped, historic NCAA trip over quickly; Hang tough with UCLA early before fading - The Tennessean
"Being a senior and this being my last game and playing it in the NCAA Tournament for the first time on a history-making team, there is nothing that can take away from that,'' said Belmont's Brian Collins, a product of Whites Creek. "I would love to go back and play this game again and do some different things. I know Coach (Rick) Byrd's not satisfied with just being in the first round and with the way we went out, and we did want to show people Belmont's a great team.''

Defeated Belmont captures hearts; Students see no shame in losing to UCLA - The Tennessean
The crowd at Belmont's Beaman Student Life Center crammed into the main lounge to watch on a big screen. They were energized, reacting to every shot as if it could been the game winner. The Nashville team kept up for much of the first half against the No. 2-seeded UCLA Bruins. Even when it started to get ugly and the game appeared out of reach, the local crowd's energy kept up.

"You all keep your eyes on Belmont."

ESPN.com game photo gallery.

Nashville City Paper has an interesting photo from "Selection Sunday" last week, just before it was announced that Belmont would play UCLA.

HOME

Office University Marketing and Communications
    Greg Pillon: 615.460.6645

Belmont University
    1900 Belmont Boulevard
    Nashville, Tennessee 37212

Belmont University's fast-growing community of about 4,300 students comes from nearly every state and more than 25 countries. Belmont is committed to premier teaching with a focus on success in the real world. Our purpose is to help students explore their passions and develop their talents to meet the world's needs. With more than 60 areas of study, eight master's degrees and two doctoral degrees, there is no limit to the ways Belmont University can expand an individual's horizon.
    Share History! Email this entry to:

Your email address:

Message (optional):