Belmont University

The Nashville 11 Prepare to Depart

ChrisAmidst the eggnog and cranberry relish of tonight's Christmas Dinner (which I was happy to share in with my friend's family in Nashville), it seems rather unreal to me that in less than two days, I will be in India. I am extremely excited to study Visual Sociology amid the sites and streets of a few Eastern cities, not just in the tourist hot spots but also in spaces of local cafes, orphanages, and theatres. I am feeling anticipation, excitement, and some sleep-deprived jitters, or perhaps that has something to do with all the sugar in the fifty coconut cake bites I ate tonight.

I will be meeting with the "Nashville 11" around 7:30 in the morning, just after a quick trip over to Harris Teeter to pick up last minutes supplies. We are meeting the rest of the group in Newark throughout the afternoon, and we will all be departing for the 16-hour flight to Delhi around 8:30 PM. Very exciting!

Please keep checking into our blog, as we will be spending the next few weeks in the colorful landscape of India, New Year's Eve at an orphanage, sunrise at the Taj Mahal, overnight train transits, and taking a dip at Triveni Ghat.

Remember the time difference, though. It may take us until the 28th to post again!
Cheers!

|

Comments

Hey Guy! Can't wait to see what you see!

Post a comment

(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)