Church/Shop/Rest

Hodge

Study Abroad in Cambodia
by Sarah Hodge, Nursing Student

Today (Sun 5/25) was a great day! We attended church at Phnom Penh Church of Christ.  The church is filled with the most beautiful of souls.  People are so welcoming and inviting.  The service was filled with spirited worship, a baptism, and communion.  I was extra relieved to see Pheap, a friend of Dr. Taplin, who I have formed a friendship with.

We then ventured down to the river that runs through the city to a restaurant known as FCC, a traditional place for foreigners to come and meet.  It was fancier than where we have gone to eat.  The food lived up to the high prices!  It was exceptional.  Comparably, the view over the river and the palace was fantastic.  We were welcomed with a breeze to cool us off.

After lunch, we walked to a boutique where many people bought things.  Some then split off to head to the Russian Market, a group favorite.  I finished up buying gifts for my family so I was pretty excited.

Dinner was on our own as we are preparing for a long first day of clinics tomorrow.  Myself and a couple others went to a restaurant down the road from our hotel where we ended the day laughing and chatting together.