Church/Shop/Rest

Hodge

Study Abroad in Cambodia
by Sarah Hodge, Nursing Student

Today (Sun 5/25) was a great day! We attended church at Phnom Penh Church of Christ.  The church is filled with the most beautiful of souls.  People are so welcoming and inviting.  The service was filled with spirited worship, a baptism, and communion.  I was extra relieved to see Pheap, a friend of Dr. Taplin, who I have formed a friendship with.

We then ventured down to the river that runs through the city to a restaurant known as FCC, a traditional place for foreigners to come and meet.  It was fancier than where we have gone to eat.  The food lived up to the high prices!  It was exceptional.  Comparably, the view over the river and the palace was fantastic.  We were welcomed with a breeze to cool us off. Continue reading

Teaching at Asia Institute of Sciences School of Nursing

Erin Cantrell

Study Abroad in Cambodia
by Erin Cantrell, Nursing Student

Today (Sat 5/23) we were warmly welcomed to the Asia Institute of Sciences in order to teach other nursing students:

erin pic 4

erin pic 3

We were each split up into groups and taught the following topics: SBAR (a communication tool for nurses at shift change), physical assessment, vital signs, hand hygiene, signs/symptoms of depression and anxiety, as well as physical therapy techniques.  There were several classrooms full of students eager to learn our topics.  As we finished each presentation, we went to the next classroom to meet more smiling faces.  The students were great in that they had many questions to ask which kept us on our toes.  It was nice to work alongside my classmates and even more fun to work with Jenni Massie, who is currently in the Masters program: Continue reading