Mission to Cambodia 2012
from Becca Pippin
Let me start by saying a traditional Thai massage is the best treatment for a body that has been cooped up on a plane for 30+ hours. A few of us just returned from getting massages down the street from our hotel and we are settling in for the night.
The journey here was long and filled with excitement, nervousness, stinkiness and even some puking, so needless to say we are all pretty worn out. When we arrived, though, we all were re-energized at the sight of Susan’s friends’ smiling faces at the airport.
From there, it was a whirlwind of new sights and experiences to take in:
- The wild traffic and motos
- Our first ride on a tuk-tuk
- Touring the hospital where we will begin working on Monday
- Eating dinner at Java, an American sandwich/salad/pasta café
- Practicing our Khmer with Emily’s iphone app
- And exploring the neighborhood around our hotel
We are all so happy to have finally arrived! Please keep us in your prayers as we travel to the beach in Kep tomorrow morning.