What a Day!

2010 Mission Trip to Cambodia
from Victoria Kaelin
VictoriaWe started today by going to the Tuol Sleng museum. We took our Tuk Tuk for the first time without the teachers, and we made it there perfectly safe (for all the parents). We watched a short movie about a couple who were held there and then toured the place. It amazed me that people could be so cruel to their own countrymen. These people were beaten for not saying the right thing or worse killed for their past lives. We went Peip there and she showed us around and talked about the history of the place. She was born the day that war started so it was meaningful for her to show us around.

The museum is very solemn but extremely moving, so I am very happy we got to go. We all recovered from the sadness, by shopping like any American girl would do. First, we went to beautiful shoes, they had make shoes to fit you. I am very excited to see all our purchases in a week. Then we went back to the Russian market to get some more of our gifts bought and of course I ended up with some things I didn’t come for but I loved so I got anyway.
It rained for the first time today, while we were in the market. Thankfully that helped to cool off the day some, therefore, i was very grateful. We also went to church today, which was another moving experience. The church here is what I think every church should really be like. The community is amazing and they are so welcoming to us all. In fact, we have been invited to a church wedding this coming Saturday We all bought our party dresses yesterday and are getting very excited for the next weekend today. The adventures of Cambodia are amazing and I cant wait for more to come this week.
Love, Victoria

One thought on “What a Day!

1. Victoria – thank you for this entry. I am praying that the trip goes well for all of you.
    Tell Mrs. Taplin that I sent her an email on her Belmont.edu site.

Comments are closed.