We Have Arrived!

2010 Mission Trip to Cambodia
ChelseaWell, we have finally made it to the beautiful Hanoi, Vietnam. It was a long trip, and for a first time international traveler like myself, it was a little scary and overwhelming at times… well pretty much all the time. By the time we were boarding our international flight in LAX, we were all so exhausted and delirious that everything was funny to us. After our 13.5 hour flight to Taiwan, and another 2.5 hour flight to Hanoi, we finally were at our short term destination. During this process though,we completely skipped Friday, which was kind of a joke among us!

We hopped in a bus and were all pretty much in awe of our surroundings. On the 30 minute ride to the hotel, we were fascinated by the rice fields, the huts, and the thousands of mopeds (which I could have sworn our bus was going to hit). When we got to our hotel, we were all so excited to be able to relax! The five of us nursing students went for a swim in the pool until it was time for dinner. We walked down the streets of Hanoi and went to a restaurant right on the lake. Have I mentioned that it is absolutely beautiful here?!
On our walk back to our hotel from dinner, we were walking in a single file line, trying to dodge the oncoming, speed-demon mopeds. While dodging these scooters, we are being stared and pointed at from all around, because we look so different. Now back in the hotel, my mind is completely overwhelmed soaking all this in. What a beautiful country we are in! The people, the food, the scenery is all so completely beautiful. I am so blessed to be with a group such as mine, in a country such as this one!
With love, from Hanoi!
Chelsea Stevens