From Erin Lawley of the Nashville Post. . . .
In a lively presentation at Belmont University Monday afternoon, Former U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Tommy Thompson discussed the potential future of health reform legislation currently before Congress.
Thompson said he expects a bill will be on President Obama’s desk before Christmas. That bill will include a public option, health insurance exchanges, taxes for people who make more than $200,000 per year, taxes on so-called “Cadillac” health plans, and employer credits for wellness and prevention programs.
Click here to read the full article.
About This Blog
- Mission to Cambodia: A paradigm shift
- Mission to Cambodia: Last day in Battambang
- Mission to Cambodia: Same Same But Different
- Mission to Cambodia: The Handa Emergency Hospital
- Mission to Cambodia: Grateful for home visits
- College of Pharmacy
- Inman College of Health Sciences
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Social Work
- Travel: All Mission Trips
- Travel: Community Health Abroad
- Travel: Dr. Dunlap in Uganda
- Travel: Mission to Cambodia
- Travel: Mission to Ghana
- Travel: Mission to Guatemala
- Travel: Mission to Haiti
- Travel: Mission to Pine Ridge