From Erin Lawley of the Nashville Post. . . .
In a lively presentation at Belmont University Monday afternoon, Former U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Tommy Thompson discussed the potential future of health reform legislation currently before Congress.
Thompson said he expects a bill will be on President Obama’s desk before Christmas. That bill will include a public option, health insurance exchanges, taxes for people who make more than $200,000 per year, taxes on so-called “Cadillac” health plans, and employer credits for wellness and prevention programs.
Click here to read the full article.
About This Blog
- Belmont, Lipscomb Pharmacy Students Warn of Dangers of Prescription Drugs
- Pharmacy alum joins Aegis Sciences Corporation
- DPT alum recognized as an APTA Emerging Leader
- Pharmacy alum accepts position with BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
- School of Physical Therapy helps coordinate Susan G. Komen Race and Dierks Bentley’s Miles and Music for Kids
- College of Pharmacy
- Inman College of Health Sciences
- School of Nursing
- School of Occupational Therapy
- School of Physical Therapy
- Social Work Department
- Travel: All Mission Trips
- Travel: Community Health Abroad
- Travel: Dr. Dunlap in Uganda
- Travel: Mission to Cambodia
- Travel: Mission to Ghana
- Travel: Mission to Guatemala
- Travel: Mission to Haiti
- Travel: Mission to Pine Ridge