This fall, Massey is fortunate to bring on the highly-esteemed Kelvin Ault and Eduardo Victor Lopez to the business school’s full-time faculty.
Kelvin Ault joined PricewaterhouseCoopers in November 2013 as a Tax Partner in Nashville and serves for-profit healthcare clients as well as leads nationally PwC’s US Investor-Owned Health Services Tax sector. Prior to joining PricewaterhouseCoopers, Kelvin was the Senior Vice President of Tax at Vanguard Health Systems. Kelvin has over 25 years of experience in the healthcare industry, including 13 years at Ernst & Young, 2 years at LifePoint Hospitals, and the 8 years at Vanguard Health. Kelvin is a nationally known author and speaker in his field including the following:
- American Health Lawyers 2016 Tax Conference: “Tax Exempt Healthcare Organizations with Taxable Business”
- State Tax Notes: “A Proposal to Resolve the Healthcare Property Tax Exemption Debate”, April 24, 2017 edition.
- PwC Health Services Webcast: “Tax Reform Impacting the Health Services Sector”
- American Health Lawyers Association Accountable Care Organization Task Force Executive Summary: “IRS Rejects Tax Exempt Status of Non-MSSP ACOs; An Alternative Tax Subsidy Suggestion”, November 2016
- iiBig 2015 Healthcare M&A conference: “Healthcare Regulatory & Tax Roundtable
- American Bar Association 2015 Tax Conference: “The Doctor Is In”
- PwC Health Services Webcast: “Hot Topics in Healthcare Joint Ventures and Strategic Affiliations”
- American Health Lawyers 2013 Tax Conference: “Structuring a New Generation of Alliances in Healthcare”
- Journal of Healthcare Management; July/August 2011 “Relevant Factors to Consider Prior to an Investor Owned Acquisition of a Nonprofit Healthcare Entity”
- American Health Lawyers Association Accountable Care Organization Task Force Executive Summary November, 2016; “IRS Rejects Tax Exempt Status of Non-MSSP ACOSi An Alternative Tax Subsidy Suggestion”
In addition to his professional responsibilities, Kelvin is active with his family (wife Sheryl and 3 children, Ryan, Reagan and Rachel), in the Nashville community, and with his church.
Eduardo Victor Lopez Ph.D.
Eduardo Victor Lopez worked in the industry for the last three decades. He got an insider insight of the governance practices of many companies across the Americas (Argentina, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and the USA), including Ericsson, Siemens, Nokia Solutions and Networks, and Bridgestone. He has devoted many years studying behaviors of individuals immersed in the corporate world, climbing the corporate ladder from engineer to the C-suite. He holds a MSc. in Project Management from the George Washington University (USA), and a Ph.D. in Strategy, Program, and Project Management from SKEMA School of Business (France).