“I have decided to follow Jesus…No turning back, No turning back.”

EmilyMany people told me that coming on this trip would change my life, but what they did not specifically mention is that these people would forever be imprinted on my heart. Today, after spending a week working in the hospitals and attending church twice, I walked into Wednesday night church being greeted and welcomed as if I had been a member there for years. Worshiping with other Christians across the world has not only reminded me that God is alive and moving in Cambodia, but it has also encouraged me to refocus my life perspective while on this trip and throughout the rest of my life. The Cambodian Christians I have fellowshiped with display so much love, compassion and hospitality, and I am honored to have met them.
One of my neighbors from when I lived in Nashville (Miss Peggy Mueller!) made bracelets for the Cambodian women I would meet on this trip so that they would have something from America. I brought these to church with me tonight and gave them to some of the women I have worked with throughout these couple of days. One was an older woman who spoke little English, but always had a hug and big greeting for me whenever I walked through the church doors (talk about such a great prayer warrior too!). Others were women I have worked with in the hospital and their daughters. All of these women have found the love of Christ and were SO excited to know that fellow believers in America were praying for them (I gave all you supporters a shout out!). They wanted to let you all know that they are praying for you too and that you are all welcome to visit Cambodia when you can 🙂 They really want to meet our families!

We also had the privilege to see a young teenage boy be baptized in church as well. He was the last of all his brothers and other family members to accept Christ. His entire youth group and family stood at the front of the church behind him in order to support his profession of faith (there were A LOT of people up at the front of the church). There was no fancy music or mood lighting, but the love directed at this young man from each person within the church building was enough to bring me to tears. He then entered a big bin filled to the brim with water where his brother baptized him. The church then surrounded him and his family and prayed for them. We all then began singing the old song “I have decided to follow Jesus” as many church members came to hug the new Christian! How moving and powerful it is to see with your own eyes what the Lord is capable of doing within a person’s heart. May all the glory and power go to Him!
We all leave for Angkor Wat tomorrow to see the temples and ride the elephant, so please keep those prayers coming for us and the Cambodian people! We love and miss all of you!
By God’s grace,
Emily