LATE ENTRY – Ride to Siem Reap

SusanWow….every day since last week has been so very full. I have not stopped from early morning to late night, so I am late posting my entry. Last Friday we were up early, boarded the bus to Siem Reap. The countryside is so beautiful during the rainy season which begun early this year. However, last week did not have much rain and was very, very hot. We arrived in Siem Reap in good time and went to the temples after a quick trip to the market. Shop, shop, shop. You know that does stimulate the economy, help the poor and brings great gifts home to those we love and miss dearly. We were able to go into the Temples at 5 PM on our one day pass. The group head on tuk tuks into the jungle. We arrived at Bekheng (sp?) mountain which is a favorite spot to watch the sunset. In the years here, my family and I never saw a good sunset because the clouds were always there.
There are also elephants at the bottom of the “mountain” that you can catch a ride on to the top and back down if you are lucky enough to get there in time. We were lucky, blessed or both because we arrived and took off running to the elephants and all of us that were there were able to ride up the mountain! It was great fun.

Once to the top of the temple we waited to see the sunset and my mind wandered. I thought of how God has created all that I could see, smell and feel. So many tourist were there waiting to catch a glimpse and a good picture of what God gave to us. I believe God created sunsets for our pleasure. The Bible teaches us that God gave us beautiful things such as flowers and sunsets for our enjoyment. He loves us in so many ways always providing us with more than we need. The mind of God amazes me. I began to wonder how He did it all. I could imagine Him as our Abba thinking about giving us treasures much like we do with your own children. We want them to be happy and have a full and wonderful life. We want to suprise them with little gifts and sweet memories to fill them in the years to come. Did our Father sit and ponder on the beautiful sunsets He created and think…..they will know I love them when they see this? He loves us so much that he gives so freely to us and so much that even the pagans get to see and enjoy the gifts. As I pondered these things I looked and a very beautiful sunset on a temple not built for the God who provided it. How blessed I am! I sat in awe of the wonderful Daddy we have.
He continues to watch over us and provides a way for us even in times of difficulty. Thank you for your prayers and your thoughts. We will be home soon. Keep the prayers coming…..We will see you soon.